- I stress out over making anything about me first on this list. I love versatility/diversity/change.
- Anytown, USA makes me sad (Wal-Mart, CVS, Staples, Target on every main drag.) I support small biz whenever I can! (sigh, but Target DOES have some darn cute stuff.)
- I knit. a lot. Caught the knitting bug 02/05 and have had the sticks/yarn in hand obsessively ever since.
- #3 overtook previous Reading obsession. Someday they'll be balanced (I think.)
- I REALLY like to read.
- I'm anti-air conditioning except for sleeping. I DO adore sleeping in a cold room. I DON'T adore wearing sweaters indoors all summer.
- I haven't dated since 06/04. I've never been married. Willing to change both of those.
- My cats are my 'kids,' but I scowl at living with their antics, fur and smells. Their warm sweet cute selves make me get over it.
- I'm indifferent to diamonds, but swoon over well-designed pieces with other stones. (more into artsy stuff than most 'fine' jewelry)
- Being in the woods or at a lake/ocean makes me giddy.
- I'm too squeamish about bugs and lionstigersbearsohmy and other creepy crawlies to be a naturalist. Too opposed to guns to be a park ranger. Would love to be paid to be outside.
- Ice cream should not have chunky things in it. I forgive fruit. (same rules apply to chocolate.)
- I'm randomly accidentally superstitious. like....nervous defining a 13th thing about me.
- I'm not actively religious, but spiritually curious and respectful that humans aren't likely the highest order.
- I'm incapable of being concise. Or packing lightly.
- I am philosophically a vegan, but practicing pesco-(ovo/lacto)vegetarian. My body doesn't seem willing to give up the fish, or I'm too lazy to figure out better nutrition without it. I'm also too shallow to resist pretty leather purses/shoes.
- I'm a scientist by career and personality. I love to explore, I love precision. I LIKE rules. I like answers. I like questions. I like playing with beakers and chemicals and watching my hands use their skills.
- Knitting is the best balance to #17 I've found. I can be artistic in a structured setting. When I make mistakes, I'm pretty darned relaxed about it. I even can change patterns without getting an ulcer.
- Music used to be the balance. I miss it. I miss my piano. I have my violin back and just need the guts to practice with neighbors in hearing range.
- My fantasy is to be a doctors-without-borders type...no material needs, just making lives better in horrific settings. At bare minimum, I need MOTIVATION to do local volunteer work.
- I like living in 4 seasons climate. I'm not opposed to the cold, tho having green/flowers around all the time wouldn't be a bad thing.
- I'm a pretty decent cook. I think science and cooking are similar. Like knitting, cooking allows an artistic flair element...with edible results!
- I love celebrating birthdays, holidays, special events. Buying little gifts for pals when I see things that remind me of them makes me giggle.
- I wish I was less of a packrat, a better housekeeper. Those empty 'zen'/decorated houses amaze me.
- This list feels dull. #25 - I'm too serious sometimes!
- If asked my fave color, I'd likely go with purple. It depends on the colored object, tho! I'm really drawn to muted purples, greens, blues, but bright yellow/orange/red/fuchia seem to be screaming to me lately. Neon or subtle lime green rocks, regardless of Bob's opinion. I also am drawn to baby-pink clothes. I'm trying to develop a fondness for earth tones. (I'd probably look better in browns/tans/oranges.) I'll never like coral, tho...sorry. I wear dark gray/red/white a lot in the winter. and...well....black always works.
- to be continued....
100 Things about me (give or take)
Posted by whimZ at 12/31/2004 11:22:00 AM