1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm not a snob, but I enjoy the colors/textures/quality of the nicer yarns. I've used sugar 'n cream and Lion Brand for some simple projects. The catbed used TLC Amore and worked out well.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Just starting to learn Crochet. barely. Spinning will be down road a bit....
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies. Really, really, don't like smoke odor. I'm touchy about perfume...either love or hate it...'fresh'/rain/green ones make me sneezy.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Just since Feb. '05. Have learned a lot already, tho! It's an obsession. (me? obsessive??)
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I'm trying to update my Amazon list. I'll post here if I add any others.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I am kind of picky about scents. Lately I really like vanilla, lavendar, orange, cranberry, amber, spice, (chocolate! do you believe there's an aromatherapy CHOCOLATE perfume??? I don't have it yet, but....) I don't have a bathtub here, sniffle. I do love candles, other bath products, tho. I'm frequently drooling at L'Occitane/Crabtree&Evelyn/Bath Body Works, etc.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
yes, oh, yes. (Not a fan of nuts, coconut, caramel, nougat, tho.)
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I used to make jewelry a bit. The beads/stones are SOMEwhere around here. I used to paint pottery, too (no kiln access right now.) My drawing skills are in my head, not hands, alas. Paint-by-# would be my best bet!
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have huge range of music tastes! I avoid most country/rap/hard rock. In my car it's either classical radio or CDs...girly folk, David Gray, DMB, soundtracks, oh...too many to really list. I like hearing new-to-me stuff. Yes, I can play MP3's, except in car.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I go over colors in my '100 things about me.' I've noticed my yarn color tastes are all over the place! There are just so many gorgeous options. The only solid colors that I really avoid are corals and that bright olive-y green. Lately I seem to be gravitating to orange/yellow or blue/green/purple in yarn.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
no kids. no hubby. 2 cats. Family is out of town. Hi, Mom and Dad!
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
ya know...I think that's too deep for me to answer here! My inability to be concise 'n all...
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I'm a really new knitter and don't have faves yet. I don't like scratchy stuff (obvious, eh.) I'd love to experiment with all sorts of yarns. My stash has several types awaiting me! The merino I used was great and I'm enjoying the current Cascade 220. I fondle soft things often at the stores. I love the look of Noro and want to try it even tho my fingers cringe (ditto craft hemp.)
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't dislike any. Really stringy or shedding novelties don't really grab me, tho.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I'm too new for any one thing! I'm on my first felted project now...we'll see if it's obsessive! I think longterm I'll do a lot of washcloths, just for size/ease. I really just like learning new stuff too much to stick to one project/style type. (socks, sweaters, rugs are on my to-do list.) I'm trying to avoid too many scarves...just sometimes it's the only thing I can think of for expensive stuff!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
OTN: felted bag using Cascade quattro/220. Working on a shawl in a gorgeous ribbon yarn (no pattern.) I have a scarf I'm designing in my head, approaching the needles.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
bad question. made one without pattern. It's hidden in a dark dark corner, awaiting frogging. very sad. (it also looked awful on me. I'm too short, I think.)
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
project-dependent. I do small stuff (washcloths, the teddy bear) on straights. Most on circ's.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
mostly wood/bamboo. Developing dangerous weakness for Addi turbos, tho... (have 2.)
21. Are you a sock knitter?
not yet! quite sure it's in my future, tho!
22. How did you learn to knit?
taught myself with a lionbrand scarf kit. I've learned everything either using books or websites. I have a childish independent streak, and learn quicker reading than listening. The MORAL support of the local knitters has been WONDERFUL, tho.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
4 months. :-) My 2nd project was a purse that still doesn't have a fastener.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
don't have animated fave, really. sea creatures/cats/butterflies for critters.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I like decorating for halloween/xmas/st pat's/valentines. no fave as a holiday, tho.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
accidentally cat hair?? (sigh.) Colored glass makes me drool (but don't often spend the $ to 'collect' it.) Used to collect fish things. Have frightening amount of books and cooking toys.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
no subscriptions, but have been buying IK.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
could probably use another good ref book, no title in mind yet, tho. Will mull this. I'll try to list the titles I already own soon.
....I'll TRY to post the collection of knitting stuff I already have. Everything but the yarn is already on an excel spreadsheet (yes, I'm an obsessive geek.) I'm totally open to trying anything (project/skill/yarn/tool...) new! and I'm SO SO SO excited about getting to be in SP5!!!!
[If you didn't find the list, it's posted on 12/29/04 entry....can get to it by clicking 'archive 12/04' on main page.]